Skip to main content

Unbelievable

I just listened to a voice mail from my dad this morning telling me very sad news about my favorite musician, Steven Curtis Chapman. Apparently his youngest daughter, Maria, who was 5, was killed in their driveway yesterday when she was hit accidentally by the vehicle being driven by her older brother. Here's a full article with picture of the little girl and her dad. Here's a blog that's been set up in memory of her and for comments of condolences.

SCC had adopted his youngest three daughters, and he has been active with promoting adoption and providing grants through his foundation for many years. I've seen him in concert many times, and since adopting his first daughter several years ago, there has always been a large part of the show dedicating to information about children waiting to be adopted all over the world. He is such a passionate person, artist, performer, husband, and father. And I can imagine from watching him beam about his little girls how truly devastating this must be. Let alone the element of trying to also comfort his teenage son.

I've been working on a project that involves some of his music to post on Braska's blog. I need to find time to finish that soon. The first song he wrote about his oldest daughter, Emily, is the music I used for this post for Braska. Take a listen. Braska's adorable, but try to simply listen to the music and hear how much he loves his girl. There's nothing better than a dad who can see his daughter through the eyes of her Creator. And now this dad is grieving a daughter he loved. Please pray for comfort for this family.

Comments

  1. Oh, that is so unbelievably sad. I'll be thinking of their family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I heard this I did not hear that it was an older brother that was driving...what an overwhelming tragedy all around. I hurt for that brother, and the rest of the family for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to their blog.
    This is so heartbreaking, I will be praying for this family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So tragic....Man...that little girl was so beautiful and so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrible news for sure. I just feel horrible for them. I have met Steven and he is a wonderful man. I hate that this happened to such a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...