Skip to main content

Checklist: Item 23

#23 Pack kitchen



I'm working on it. I'm slowing down. I'm ready to be done. I'm starting to actually think we're not gonna make the deadline.

We met with our realtors on Friday evening. We got our list of to-do before we put it on the market, which will be mid-next week. The problem is that several of these to-do items are pretty time consuming, and even though I'm usually good for a challenge, I'm thinking this one might be out of reach. They also recommended that we move everything on Saturday, not just the "most" I was planning on. I was figuring to stay here for a while with some of our furniture to stage with, but they provide their own staging furniture, so they said to just do it all in one trip. That means we need to get Braska's therapies transferred to the new system in StC so we don't have too big a gap in services. It also means that we need to find people to care for the pool, which we need to get open and ready to impress this week, and also the lawn. It also means that we've changed our apartment to have a bit more space since all three of us will be there for more of the time.

#24 Get master bath flooring put down.

#25 Paint over non-neutral (deep purple) walls in the house.

#26 Open the pool

#27 Contact siding company regarding defective siding to request it be replaced. (Not looking forward to this one at all.)

Anyway, I must get back to work. We'll get it done somehow. I'm just having a moment. Maybe next year I'll get a "real" Mother's Day when I can relax and be taken care of for a change. Here's hoping... I'm 0-3 so far, but I can still dream. :o)

Hope you all had a great one...enjoy it some for me too!

Comments

  1. Hang in there! Wish I could help, I love helping people pack. Is that a sickness? Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RK- Seriously, call me if you need help. Mom and I would be more than happy to assist where needed :) Let me know if you need our numbers.
    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! That photo brings back to many memories. We've moved 8 times in our 15 years of marriage and most of that was done in the first 10 years. I got pretty good at it, though. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I can, I think I can...

    You are being a GREAT mother on mother's day (and always) as usual. Maybe you can have a belated mother's day THIS year. You surely deserve it!!!

    I wish I could come help! I know how hard it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle--Yeah, that might be a sickness. :o)

    Aubrey--Thanks muchly. I may be calling.

    Debbie--This is move #20 for me overall. I should be a pro, right?

    Tricia-- :o) Thank you. Not holding my breath, if you don't mind. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it just adds stress for me to say "don't stress" but really I wish I could take that away for you, cause everything will work out the way it should...

    when we moved to this house, the weekend we were to clear out of the old house every male member of my family became sick - too sick to help. I kicked Steven out and called our church family and we got it done...so I guess the moral of that story is call for help when you need it - cause they are waiting to help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessie---It will come together. And our friends are really helping. I hope no one gets sick though...that might throw me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try Midwest Scuba Center for the pool thing. I think he does pool maintenance too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a good mother's day with all my kids calling and 4 of the 6 home for awhile. I got a nice blender, some flowers, a shirt, some towels and the ever-appreciated Walmart card. I thought about all these wonderful gifts while I was washing all the dishes (after having prepared dinner,) and the rest of the family were watching TV.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...