Skip to main content

I think HE can dance...and more!

I'm a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance on Fox. Last night we were watching it on the DVR and when this young man appeared, I stopped and said, "No way!" Both M and I stopped what we were doing and watched...here's what we saw.



After it was over, we we grinning, talking about how great his speech was and all kinds of what I call "geeky" DS stuff (therapies, diagnoses, characteristics, etc). Then we both said that the blogs would go wild in no time. This is just the kind of thing that we like to see, so why not post it?!?

This morning, there are entries on a few forums I watch, and Meredith is the first blog on my reader to post on it. I'm sure more will follow. But all blogging silliness aside, this guy is really neat. He is a neat guy, DS or not, but I personally believe that at least part of it is because he IS who is IS and has learned to be more than ok with that. That's all we want really. Go Brett!!

Comments

  1. Well said, you DS Geek, you! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that and I thought of you. I almost called, but then I remembered i was watching it via DVR and the show was an hour later. I loved it!! I could see Braska up there in a few years getting her groove on too!! Hope everyone is doing well. I have a blog question, so If I can't figure it out, I will call you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that and I thought of you. I almost called, but then I remembered i was watching it via DVR and the show was an hour later. I loved it!! I could see Braska up there in a few years getting her groove on too!! Hope everyone is doing well. I have a blog question, so If I can't figure it out, I will call you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have almost come to the conclusion that I have to quit reading this blog. Too many tears and you know me, I don't cotton to getting that close to my feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great kid. I think he is more normal -- and certainly more preferable -- than many of the young men I see nowadays! Thanks for sharing this beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you soooo much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great! I hadn't seen that! Thanks for showing me and you are right, his speech is great! (as a mom of 5 kids with speech problems, it's the first thing I notice with disabled children)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...