Skip to main content

I Rarely Ask, but...

...I'm asking for a few minutes of your time. If you don't have those minutes now, mark this page as a favorite (you too, Reader addicts) and come back very soon.

I've been introduced to these videos via other blogs or emails recently, and even though I often pass right by opportunities like this, I'm glad, in this case, I did not. I simply cannot tell you how much these songs mean to me, and to have such beautiful images to go along with them... they are indelibly etched in my mind, and I'm glad they are.

Make sure it's quiet for a moment, pay attention to only one thing for just this moment. Listen to the lyrics. Enjoy the visual creativity.



Lyrics--Casting Crowns/Who Am I
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

BRIDGE
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

CHORUS
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
(bridge/chorus)


I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours



Lyrics-Lifehouse/Everything
Find Me Here, Speak To Me
I want to feel you, I need to hear you
You are the light That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.
You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul. You are my purpose...you're everything.

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?


Cause you're all I want, You're all I need You're everything,everything
You're all I want, you're all I need You're everything, everything.
You're all I want, you're all I need. You're everything, everything
You're all I want, you're all I need, you're everything, everything.

Comments

  1. Ok, here I sit with tears in my eyes. Thank you for sharing these.

    My kids have been involved in doing "human videos" for years and I've always thought they were so powerful. One of the most thought provoking was the one to "I Can Only Imagine" that my oldest daughter and friends put together in a rest area on their way to a Mexico mission trip.

    I have never seen one like the first one and I am going to forward the link to her as she and her husband are youth pastors at our church. The 2nd one just left me in tears, what a great visual reminder.

    Thanks again, so much, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who Am I" is one of my favorite songs!!! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am familiar with both songs and both have such moving lyrics!
    Thank you for posting them so i could enjoy them!
    My oldest girls are in a Yputh Group at our church that does performances like that for our congregation and others. It is always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my favorite Lifehouse song of all time. I have seen that video around on myspace, but it never ceases to be moving. It's amazing how much music can speak to us and how God uses it on a daily basis to speak to me. Thanks for sharing!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  5. the hands making the images in the first one is amazing - the worked very hard on these and it shows...thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...