Skip to main content

First loads

Today was a long day... but we got some work done, which is very good. I started the day with the necessary supplies. No, it's not much, but when you've got a Hello Kitty boombox, what else can you possibly need?!?


I worked some more on the bathroom wallpaper. Of course, I'm quite short, and I didn't take a stool, so I was limited in my range of reach. But the good thing is that the top layer is coming off in nice big sheets, and the paper layer underneath is coming off that way also when it's sprayed with water...yep, just water. How cool is that! Now THIS is the way to remove wallpaper!


It appears that they put up the wallpaper before they put in the cabinet and lighting stuff, fixtures, etc., and that makes it difficult to get it clean. But it'll help when I have a screwdriver available to take things like light switch plates off. At least one main wall is done, mostly.


Tonight M and his brothers and their oh-so-helpful Pop came up and made a couple trips to the storage unit and back, bringing boxes and such to the new storage area in the basement. We are waiting for the big things til next weekend to allow for the drywall dust to be cleaned up after the projects are done early this week and then the carpets get cleaned on Wednesday. Big moving day is Saturday, some may be done on Fri night. Come on...doesn't that sound like fun?? Who's available?? :o)

Comments

  1. Wow! The end it totally in sight! I wish we were closer -- we'd be there! I can't wait to see more pictures as things continue to progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be there Tuesday with the paint crew. You are to be out of sight while we do that. No fumes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't remodeling fun! Here is a great tip if you get to some problem spots with the wallpaper. Mix water and fabric softener in a spray bottle. I usually do half and half. Spray on the wallpaper. It usually peels right off. It works wonderful and everything smells great afterwards too! I did this in my dining room. I could get the top layer off, but the back stayed. My friend shared this idea and it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the pictures coming! I laughed my head off this morning about the Hello Kitty boom box. At least your sarcasm is with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...