Skip to main content

Another big day

Today we close on our new place. It's exciting and kind of scary too. There's alot going on in my head about it, but not much that I can share for various reasons. I'm glad to be getting in there soon to get cleaning and prepping for the demolition and construction of the next 7 days. I'm looking forward to seeing the new changes in place. And mostly I'm praying hard that this will be a good thing for our family as we move forward, something that marks another step in our healing and recovery process.

M's home today from work, feeling horrible and looking it. This is a rarity for him to miss work. Hopefully he's able to sit up and sign his name a hundred times in a few hours. For now we let him sleep.

I hope to be more consistent about posting as this process moves forward, more for my own record-keeping than anything, but feel free to follow along.

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

  1. Good luck with everything and all those signatures today. Sending good thoughts for a home sweet home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you! Can't wait to follow along.

    Hoping M feels better, too. That's no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also sorry to hear about M's feeling so bad; maybe a nap will perk him up enough to sign. We pray all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Sorry M isn't feeling well. So excited to see 'real' pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been thinking about you all day. Hope all went smoothly and that M is back to good health tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will feel good to finally get the keys to the new place. Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Congrats! How wonderful for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...