This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...
oh a long hot shower for me... with a bath the water eventually gets cold and I feel like I'm sitting in my filth! :0)
ReplyDeleteMost of the time a shower wins. But on that rare occasion when I might have an opportunity to have a hot bubble bath in a whirlpool tub with a good book on tape playing, I would pick that. But as of being married and a mother I've yet to have that happen; so I enjoy my hot showers ever day and soak it up!
ReplyDeleteShower for me. Otherwise, you just have to take a shower anyway to wash your hair so might as well get it all done at once. :) Plus, I still feel cleaner with a shower than a bath. Only time for a bath is just a good soak if you old bones are aching from too much hard work. Doesn't happen often. :)
ReplyDeleteLong hot shower. A bath is too much work. :-)
ReplyDeleteShower... pretty much for the same reasons Jessie said lol.
ReplyDeleteShowers for the most part, I see baths as a treat. I feel guilty about the time and water needed for a bath.
ReplyDeleteLove the new profile pic!
Can't remember the last time I had a bath. Showers are faster with less hassle.
ReplyDeletePS- Kids are all asleep ;o)
Shower! When I was in college, I lived in a house that didn't have one. Boy did I miss it. I do like to have a bath from time to time, but for the most part, a nice warm shower with the water pounding down on you. Yeah, that's the way to go.
ReplyDeleteWell, I like warm bubble baths personally in a jetted tub and ONLY in the winter because then I feel snugly. But I always take a shower after because I too feel like I've been bathing in my filth.
ReplyDeleteFor 8 years I lived in a house with just a tub. I moved out and now for 14 years have lived with just a shower. Most of the time I am happy with my shower, but every now and then I would love a nice hot bath. Though, what would I do if I actually had a choice?? :)
ReplyDeleteShower, shower, shower. If I have extra time for bathing, I'd rather have a quick shower and read a book or watch a movie!
ReplyDelete