Skip to main content

Me time

I met up with my parents today to trade them my kids for a van.  Ok, so it’s not a complete and permanent trade on the kids side, but the girls are staying with them for the weekend.  The van is mine to keep! Yay!  More on that soon.

So I’m going to be barreling forward with getting this house organized, getting myself organized a little, and just enjoying some quiet time, and hopefully time to do some writing. 

For those of  you who are used to immediate responses to emails and such, make a note that tomorrow you’ll need to call me if you want something right away.  I’m OFF the computer tomorrow, at least during the day.  I will probably be on tomorrow evening.  If you don’t have my phone number but want it, send me an email tonight.  Otherwise, you might need to wait a few hours for a reply.  I know…shock!!!

My goals are these… 
~~To get boxes that are yet to be unpacked since we moved in August of last year dealt with, be it unpacking or just tossing.
~~To organize my little office corner in the basement. I can’t stand having horrible…well, just NO filing system at present.  This is a big project…very big.
~~To organize and store the toys in the girls’ rooms and in the living room so that only some of them are out and we can rotate them occasionally.  There’s just too many options. Braska gets them all out and then ignores most of them.  A few is all that’s necessary. 
~~To CLEAN the kitchen and bathroom.  Not just straighten.  Floor to ceiling.
~~To make a couple useful/fun items for the girls’ rooms that I’ve been meaning to work on.
~~To catch up on updates on the girls for the blogs and my own use in the future.  And to do some picture posting that I’ve been horrible neglecting.
~~To organize the garage better, possibly add a cabinet or something to hold things that don’t need to be in the kitchen. (There’s no room for a junk drawer or closet for utility items.)
~~To rearrange the kitchen cabinets more efficiently and store things I don’t use often in the basement storage area.

And on the intangible side… I want to spend some quality quiet time, several times, in just being still.  Knowing. Remembering.

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.

I need to be still and know…
…that He is in control. Always.
…that He loves me.  All of me. As I am right now. No matter what. (By the way, that goes for YOU too! Yep, I mean you.)
…that He LONGS to hear from me. All the time.
…that He will always provide what I need.
…that He works everything out for my best. Even when I can’t see how that’s possible.  He will never let me down.

Think I can get it all done??

In the meantime, let me share one more thing.  My friend Jessie had a post today that I really appreciated.  It was honest and… well, I don’t know why it struck me as it did, but I suppose I often think I’m drowning in an inch of water that everyone else seems to not even notice.  So thanks, Jessie.  Thanks for being real. 

Here was my comment: It's good to know you're not perfect... seriously, though, it is nice sometimes to know that others struggle with getting the regular things of life too. Maybe NO ONE does it the way I seem to think MOST do it... maybe we're all just barely staying afloat. Maybe THAT'S the norm, we just are afraid to all admit it. Hmmmmm...

Comments

  1. oh my gosh...i'm just worn out from reading your list....i need a break! :) well i hope you get everything you want done, done. and definitely make for some me time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can do it!

    Tomorrow I have to pack for a weeks vacation. My kids stayed off tonight and tomorrow I've got to boogie to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, I'm glad that the post made you feel better RK - I think no mom has it all together and we always need to be suspicious if they do! :0)

    the list is amazing, and you will feel so energized when it's done... thank the good Lord for grandparents that can help us steal away moments like these. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...