Skip to main content

Me time

I met up with my parents today to trade them my kids for a van.  Ok, so it’s not a complete and permanent trade on the kids side, but the girls are staying with them for the weekend.  The van is mine to keep! Yay!  More on that soon.

So I’m going to be barreling forward with getting this house organized, getting myself organized a little, and just enjoying some quiet time, and hopefully time to do some writing. 

For those of  you who are used to immediate responses to emails and such, make a note that tomorrow you’ll need to call me if you want something right away.  I’m OFF the computer tomorrow, at least during the day.  I will probably be on tomorrow evening.  If you don’t have my phone number but want it, send me an email tonight.  Otherwise, you might need to wait a few hours for a reply.  I know…shock!!!

My goals are these… 
~~To get boxes that are yet to be unpacked since we moved in August of last year dealt with, be it unpacking or just tossing.
~~To organize my little office corner in the basement. I can’t stand having horrible…well, just NO filing system at present.  This is a big project…very big.
~~To organize and store the toys in the girls’ rooms and in the living room so that only some of them are out and we can rotate them occasionally.  There’s just too many options. Braska gets them all out and then ignores most of them.  A few is all that’s necessary. 
~~To CLEAN the kitchen and bathroom.  Not just straighten.  Floor to ceiling.
~~To make a couple useful/fun items for the girls’ rooms that I’ve been meaning to work on.
~~To catch up on updates on the girls for the blogs and my own use in the future.  And to do some picture posting that I’ve been horrible neglecting.
~~To organize the garage better, possibly add a cabinet or something to hold things that don’t need to be in the kitchen. (There’s no room for a junk drawer or closet for utility items.)
~~To rearrange the kitchen cabinets more efficiently and store things I don’t use often in the basement storage area.

And on the intangible side… I want to spend some quality quiet time, several times, in just being still.  Knowing. Remembering.

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.

I need to be still and know…
…that He is in control. Always.
…that He loves me.  All of me. As I am right now. No matter what. (By the way, that goes for YOU too! Yep, I mean you.)
…that He LONGS to hear from me. All the time.
…that He will always provide what I need.
…that He works everything out for my best. Even when I can’t see how that’s possible.  He will never let me down.

Think I can get it all done??

In the meantime, let me share one more thing.  My friend Jessie had a post today that I really appreciated.  It was honest and… well, I don’t know why it struck me as it did, but I suppose I often think I’m drowning in an inch of water that everyone else seems to not even notice.  So thanks, Jessie.  Thanks for being real. 

Here was my comment: It's good to know you're not perfect... seriously, though, it is nice sometimes to know that others struggle with getting the regular things of life too. Maybe NO ONE does it the way I seem to think MOST do it... maybe we're all just barely staying afloat. Maybe THAT'S the norm, we just are afraid to all admit it. Hmmmmm...

Comments

  1. oh my gosh...i'm just worn out from reading your list....i need a break! :) well i hope you get everything you want done, done. and definitely make for some me time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can do it!

    Tomorrow I have to pack for a weeks vacation. My kids stayed off tonight and tomorrow I've got to boogie to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, I'm glad that the post made you feel better RK - I think no mom has it all together and we always need to be suspicious if they do! :0)

    the list is amazing, and you will feel so energized when it's done... thank the good Lord for grandparents that can help us steal away moments like these. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh happy day, Less question mark!

As a follow up to yesterday's post, I got word today that we will NOT be assigned to the new guy, but we will have an experienced coordinator after all. I feel SO much better. I also learned some other info today that made me think I still have some kinks to work out, so I'll be taking care of that this next week. I'll be SO glad when this transition/IEP stuff is behind us. I want to do the very best I can, but there's part of me who wants to just hide and let it all happen without me.

31 for 21: What to say

I have encountered plenty of people who ask "How old is she?" when Braska and I are out together here and there. They always guess her age about 5 months younger than she is, but that's ok, since that's what size she is. I have said several times that I can imagine it will bother me a bit more, although still not a huge deal, when she turns one next month and I see their reaction to that, as she still is in her car seat/carrier when we're in a restaurant or in a store since she doesn't sit up. Today, I met some friends for brunch. The waitress was a nice enough, very young girl, and she started cooing at Braska right away. That's nice. I don't mind, Braska likes the attention, and I'm proud of my cutie. The waitress asked her age, and I told her 11 months. She then said, "But she's not walking yet?" as she noticed that she was up to the table in her car seat/carrier. I just agreed and said, "Not yet." She said she h

Was there a line??

I assume that you went to vote, either today or earlier if possible. I expect that of you, know that straight up. How long did you wait in line?? And throw in the state you voted in, just for fun. I'm really curious if all areas have a big wait or if it's just the more congested ones. I voted Friday absentee/in person, and we waited about 15 mins or so. It moved VERY fast for a big line. There's just one place in our very populated county to do the absentee/in person voting, and it wasn't bad at all for what I thought it might be. If you haven't, GO VOTE people... again, please just know what you're voting for, either way. You may just have to live with your choice. God Bless America!!