Skip to main content

Miscellaneous morsels

Last night we went to see Fireproof. We're not opening night kind of people generally, in fact, we avoid it on purpose. But this time, we wanted to show our support for a positive movie, so off we went. And though M was constantly amazed at the sold out theaters of the other two showings at our cinema and the way full theater we were in, we did manage to watch the movie and enjoyed it quite a bit. I recommend it for everyone, actually. We all (most of us, anyway) comment often on the negative exports from Hollywood, so I feel like when a positive offering shows up, it's time to put our money where our mouths are and show support. How else will they know what we'd like to see more of?! I identified with several parts of the story personally, but even if you don't find it reminiscent of your story, it's encouraging to see a portrayal of a fight *for* a marriage committment, not just the fights that just end in more fights. And it was pretty funny... M was surprised that the audience really laughed heartily so many times. There is a little action, there's a little drama, alot of humor, and some romance too. I say it's a very encouraging way to spend 2 hours.
______________________________________
On a totally different note, tonight I met my friend Melanie for dinner at a steakhouse. I had my first ever prime rib. I expected it to be awesome. It was ok, not bad, but not any better than a regular old sirloin, in my opinion. Weird how that can be disappointing in a way. But now I know.

Comments

  1. We laughed a lot and cried, too! Our theatre looked like it was sold out and it was night 2 when we seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This afternoon the theatre was about 1/2 full, but I think they had 4-5 theatres showing the film at the same time. There was a lot of laughing, crying and clapping during the movie.

    Jason just told me that at the end when Caleb and Catherine kiss, the actress is actually Kirk Cameron's wife Chelsea Noble because Kirk refuses to kiss women other than his wife on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great movie, we are going to try and see it... thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...