Skip to main content

Not ready for red eye

At 2:51am this morning, just over an hour ago, Braska woke crying. This is rare. She is a pro sleeper, but she's not quite been herself lately (couple days) so it wasn't a huge surprise. But now she's wide awake and playing like it's 2pm. I am SO not ready for this middle of the night thing. I don't know how I survived all that around the clock three-hour schedule we had to do with Braska for so long. I'm going to be a mess later today. I hope to goodness I can get a nap in.

But while we're up, we are praying for safe delivery for my cousin's little girl. Lindsay was "in process" last I heard from her via text at around 10:30pm. I hope all is going well and little Carly has arrived safely by now!

Hope you're all sleeping soundly. Snooze an extra few minutes for me...

Comments

  1. I slept terribly through my pregnancies...I figured God was just trying to prepare me for the newborn - but it is still really hard to adjust to - especially when you have an older one to care for during the day. Don't you wish you could store up sleep like a bank and naps can equally compensate for interrupted night times - but it never seems to work that way does it....wishing you a good nap for today and hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braska is just preparing you for what's to come! Of course, my girls were older when I was prego with Mattie. I guess that explains the 7 months of Insomnia instead. When Mattie was born, she'd sleep 7 hours. Her doctor kept telling me to wake her. Was she crazy?? I hadn't slept in 7 months!
    Praying you'll be getting some much needed rest :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...