Skip to main content

Things I could write about

I want to go to bed. It’s late. But I don’t want to forget the list of things in my head that, in an ideal schedule, would be able to be mulled over via blogging… today was a full day.

~Braska was off school, Kinlee “on” school, stayed for chapel with Braska at “the other school” to see her buddies.

~Dashed from chapel to Braska’s parent/teacher conference. It lasted 2 hours. Not bad, but not fully happy. Topics: reg ed time, transitions, behaviors, motivation

~Then ran back across the county to “the other school” to help with lunch and let B enjoy some more time with her friends at lunch and recess.

~Left from there to get downtown to Children’s for newest specialist on B’s team… urology. Trying to rule out medical issues for toilet training frustration. Ruled a few in. Topics: nonemptying bladder, wrong messages between bladder and brain, can be corrected and quick (per dr).

~Straight back to pick up K from Spanish, stopped by physical therapy location with one of very few PTs who works on what B needs help with.  Went by pharmacy for new med.

~Finally made it home to fix dinner and brief M on the happenings of the day and our new list of homework.

More on these later….good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...