Skip to main content

Mini OCD

Some days Braska’s OCD tendencies are more frustrating than others.  Today is a “more” day. 

The need to touch the wall all the way down the hall as she goes to her room… difficult when there are two small boxes in the way. She could go around, but instead she starts and stops over and over and over. Like she’s going to be able to make her arm rubber this time and stretch to reach the wall the entire way.  This one in particular caused a lot of physical moving of this little picky one.  Luckily she’s light.

The need for all doors to be open fully or closed fully.  Sometimes I want the door just slightly ajar, for purposes of proper air conditioning flow, or so that I can hear our little buddy Patrick when he’s sleeping.  But no.  All the way open or all the way closed.  No matter what she’s told or what she agrees to.  She just.cannot.help.it.

There are several others.  But today I seem to have less patience for the quirks.  So these two seem like plenty.

Comments

  1. Bless your heart. Dariya is a door closer too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DOORS?!?! Why must they all be closed? I hear you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...