Skip to main content

31 for 21: Comments on sleeping locations

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The precious Little Miss D’s mom recently made reference to the fact that her little one hadn’t ever slept in a crib.  I asked her about it because, well, I’m just nosy that way.

Today she replied and explained a bit more…  and it brought up something I’ve been meaning to discuss anyway.  What were the sleeping locations for your kids when they were babies? Same room, different bed? Same bed? Different room altogether? (That one’s my fave!!) Or just wherever the heck they wanted to sleep?

So my comment is below… share your experience.  The same for all your kids? Or did your kiddo with DS do anything different in the sleep realm?

I find this stuff really interesting.

Thanks for explaining!! :o)

I can't stand to have the girls in the same room, let alone in my bed.  I'd never get a wink of sleep... every breath, every little sound wakes me.  And that doesn't make for a pleasant mommy the next day!

So Braska was in our room for a few weeks pre-surgery in a special bassinet, but once that heart was ok, she got the boot to her room! :o) Kinlee was in her crib in her own room from night one, unless Grammy was here, then she was in her bassinet next to her. 

Even now, they're in the room next to mine, maybe 10 feet through a wall from my bed to theirs, and I still often can't sleep because of the noises.  WITH a sound machine on to dampen the sounds.  Frustrating!

Comments

  1. I am with you on sleeping arangements. With my oldest after a week Andy gave her the boot, because I was up all night long and would start taking her out for the slightest move. I was exhausted and not thinking staright. So of to her room at one week old. Nichole had to be in our room for health issues and choking. She slept in her carseat so she was almost in a sitting position with some machine blowing oxygen??? I can't remmeber anymore! But once she was healthy she was in her room. Today, I still have the same problem you do.
    Now as to where. Nichole is still in a crib at age 4. We tried to move her to a bed but, she will have non of it. She cried for her crib, so it is back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the twins in Alaska for the first 4 months in a lofted 750 sq. ft. 1 bedroom apt. We all slept in the same room - the girls in their own crib. Although many days I would catch David napping in bed snuggling with his girls right next to him in bed. When we moved into our house and I finally got to decorate a nursery it took me so long to be able to sleep with them in another room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh happy day, Less question mark!

As a follow up to yesterday's post, I got word today that we will NOT be assigned to the new guy, but we will have an experienced coordinator after all. I feel SO much better. I also learned some other info today that made me think I still have some kinks to work out, so I'll be taking care of that this next week. I'll be SO glad when this transition/IEP stuff is behind us. I want to do the very best I can, but there's part of me who wants to just hide and let it all happen without me.

31 for 21: What to say

I have encountered plenty of people who ask "How old is she?" when Braska and I are out together here and there. They always guess her age about 5 months younger than she is, but that's ok, since that's what size she is. I have said several times that I can imagine it will bother me a bit more, although still not a huge deal, when she turns one next month and I see their reaction to that, as she still is in her car seat/carrier when we're in a restaurant or in a store since she doesn't sit up. Today, I met some friends for brunch. The waitress was a nice enough, very young girl, and she started cooing at Braska right away. That's nice. I don't mind, Braska likes the attention, and I'm proud of my cutie. The waitress asked her age, and I told her 11 months. She then said, "But she's not walking yet?" as she noticed that she was up to the table in her car seat/carrier. I just agreed and said, "Not yet." She said she h

Was there a line??

I assume that you went to vote, either today or earlier if possible. I expect that of you, know that straight up. How long did you wait in line?? And throw in the state you voted in, just for fun. I'm really curious if all areas have a big wait or if it's just the more congested ones. I voted Friday absentee/in person, and we waited about 15 mins or so. It moved VERY fast for a big line. There's just one place in our very populated county to do the absentee/in person voting, and it wasn't bad at all for what I thought it might be. If you haven't, GO VOTE people... again, please just know what you're voting for, either way. You may just have to live with your choice. God Bless America!!