Skip to main content

Un-unemployed

I'm no longer unemployed.

I don't like that term because it sounds like you wish you were employed, and except for the financial implications, I haven't missed it much. But whatever.

I've been without a paying job for almost 3 years, but today that ended. I became official at my new part-time job, and as first days go, it was pretty great. The people are super nice...which is not news, since we were already members at the Y before I got a job there. I think I'll like the actual "job" part, too.

Today was computer training, part 1, and tomorrow evening will continue that. I am looking forward to the point where I am once again knowledgeable about what I do and am able to do it without thinking about it. It is weird to be in a completely different environment from the medical practice surroundings that I've worked in for the last 15 years where I could do anything in any situation that could be thrown at me. No more big responsibility and people reporting to me, etc. I'm back to being a small fish on the bottom of the stream. But somehow I don't mind how far I've "fallen."

I think it's gonna be a good thing... and I'm very thankful for that.

Tomorrow M starts his new job. We're excited for it, too. Changes all around!

Comments

  1. I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are making the best of an interesting situation. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I hope all that days that follow are as good as that first one! And I hope M has a great first day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats, RK!!! change is good! Esply the kind that comes with a paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! sounds good.

    FWIW, I've had a couple of small-fish jobs since having kids, and there's something really nice about it. Not being the one in charge of stuff. Not having major responsibility, beyond things that are totally do-able, especially compared to needy kids.

    When I was working in the library 2 nights a week, when William was a baby, I got a 15 minute break and it was often the high point of my day. Fifteen minutes all! to! myself! A dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are off to a great start. Hope M's starts off well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Hope it continues to be a positive and hope M's new job is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you guys both made it through day numero 1 and 2!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you both!
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Hope it all works out for you and your hubby :) I recently went back to work as well after almost 7 yrs of unemployment for pay- it's a change but doing ok so far...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...