Skip to main content

What that extra chromosome means to some

(If you didn’t see the great video full of precious and adorable faces, including one I’m partial to, click here to go to the earlier post.)

In our house…
It means you get to wear glasses when your sister doesn’t
It means you get to go to school and play with lots of the best teachers and therapists
It means you sometimes get frustrated with what your body won’t do that it should
It means that when you’re frustrated you get to spend extra time with Mommy or Daddy
It means you’re loved absolutely to pieces.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, of course.

In a place far away…
It means that even when there’s a mommy and daddy who are there to pick you up, money in hand, paperwork all filed, pleading for your life, a judge can say no. Just plain no.
image
That little handsome fella just haunts me. I can’t imagine what his parents are experiencing. (Click here and then here for that story. They need your prayer support. Desperately. Please.) I still can’t comprehend this.

It means that even when your mommy and daddy come and bring you home, you still have a long, LONG hill to climb. (Click here to read about precious Carrington and pray for her as well. She is very much in need of intercession.) She came from the same orphanage as our good buddy Dashlyn, and yet she was clearly not cared for. Three years old. 11 lbs. Literally wasting away.

We have a long way to go in this venture to convince the world that our children, ALL children and people have value. Some days, like this past week when these kinds of stories kept popping up, it seemed futile. But nothing is impossible. We must keep working for these kids and every other one who is not treated with the tender care they deserve.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...