Skip to main content

New discovery of skill

During my last check on the girls before bed tonight, I found that Kinlee had turned herself around and was sleeping the wrong way in her bed. I debated turning her. She sleeps soundly and can transfer pretty well. Unlike her sister.

As I was looking at her with my cell phone for a flashlight, M came in to see how cute she was. I told him I might move her and he said to let her be. I noticed a diaper on her end table of sorts. I thought M might have changed her before bed and not tossed it. As I picked it up, I realized it was dry. Light. Not full. I was confused but M whispered, "She took her diaper off?"

I looked at her, pulled her blanket back to find her little bare buns in there. Her sheets and blanket were wet. So I scooped her up, M stripped the bed and blankets and took them downstairs to start the wash. I put her diaper back on and tucked her into my bed while I made hers.

She is now back in her bed though not pleased at her missing blanket. Lets hope this is a fluke.

Comments

  1. i'll keep my fingers crossed...but, from personal experience, once those toddler buns meet the sweet kiss of cool cotton sheets, it becomes a hard habit to break.

    hope that sweet k shares your passion for modesty and all things honorable. life with a rabid exhibitionist is a humbling thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started putting pajamas (one piece fleece zip-ups) on backwards when we got to that stage. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a night in the life of Moise. Pajamas that zip up the back is our only solution. Have Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ch--I know you're experience with Miss Nakey Buns... we hope to fare better!

    Cate--That would work except that she will NOT sleep in anything but a diaper. Just will not actually go to sleep unless she's dead tired if she's in any kind of clothes.

    Karol--Moise did that too? Well K's in good company! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...