Skip to main content

Procrastinating about bifocals

I noticed recently that I was holding my phone farther away from me in order to see things clearly…. especially when I was looking at documents or spreadsheets on that little screen.  (yes, spreadsheets.)

So today I went to have my eyes checked. I thought it had been a little over a year since my last visit.

No. It was 4 years ago.

And I’m turning 40 two months from tomorrow.  It’s about time, yes indeed.

So wouldn’t you know, I only need a little help with my vision, which is good. But when they recommended bifocals it just seemed weird.   Very weird.

After chatting with the vision center manager, who is also a DS mom friend, I decided to try the “readers” route first, to see how that went, since I only need them when working very closely. Not even for the computer… 

rkglasses

Why not go for the red, right? 

The optometrist assures me I’ll lose a couple pairs of readers then I’ll get over the bifocal fear and deal with that as my reality.  We shall see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...