Skip to main content

Our first real WDSD

We’ve known about World Down Syndrome Day for a few years, but this is the first time we made it a point to do something. To celebrate.  I just decided we were going to make it like Father’s Day or something… a holiday to be appreciative for DS, to tell others all about how it’s blessed our lives as a part of Braska’s influence.

We did several great things…  but I’m more than exhausted.  I was up til 2:18 am this morning getting things done, and I really am feeling the need for sleep hit hard right now.

I’ll just share this for now… if you happened to follow Julie and I at some point today, this was your view…
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Hope you did some fun stuff…

Cheers, WDSD. I think we’ll enjoy you much more from now on.

Comments

  1. Even though I'm not a huge fan of having my picture taken this one made me laugh and I like it! Yay for World Down Syndrome Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are funny! I wish I could be stay home mom to do all this things with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

Multi-mothering

Last week, Jen , Mark, and Sophie came to town for Sophie's ear tube placement at SLCH . We met up after the procedure at the Galleria so Jen could snag some shoes for Sophie (not that she was able to get what she wanted, unfortunately, but the Robeez Sophie got were super cute!). The double stroller we have is very good, it maneuvers very smoothly and opens and folds up really easily. Since it's so easy to deal with, I thought I'd add another task or two to the situation... Most of you know that you can click on the pictures in any post and they'll open up bigger. But in case you can't see clearly enough... Is there a law against driving a double stroller with one hand while holding a newborn with the other while holding the bottle with my chin?? (No, but there should be a law against that double chin that is created with this position!)

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...