Skip to main content

About last night...

Thanks to all those who have emailed, called, or texted. Last night proved to be wonderful. Painful. Refreshing. Encouraging. Scary. But I'm very glad I went.

He did not disappoint. (God, that is. Though Travis was great as well.) He reassured me. He questioned me. He challenged me. Unfortunately, he did not choose to have someone magically hand me a small folded piece of paper that has my next three right steps on it. I was hoping...

But, oh, if I could have those 2 hours every single night, to praise at the top of my voice with a super talented live band, to be challenged by inspired words, to be encouraged by the faces of others--also struggling--but determined to praise through the storm.

Comments

  1. Glad it was amazing. I am sure that He will show you those next steps, even if it isn't written on a piece of paper.
    Although that would really be nice sometimes.
    I have to remember that He talks to me all the time I just have to be still and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you...you know where to find me and my ears are always open...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...