Skip to main content

Privileged to pray for Toby

Reece’s Rainbow has a great program, Prayer Warriors, which matches a volunteer to a child, so that someone specifically is praying for that child every day until they find a home. I’ve known about this for some time, but I keep forgetting to get with it and ask for a child to be assigned to me.

So this week I did, and yesterday in the mail I received news of my new “project.”

toby-PW-button

Meet Toby. One truly adorable little guy. He’s about 5 months old, living in Eastern Europe in an orphanage. His birthday is only 5 days after mine! Is he just precious or what?!?

So every day I will be praying for little Toby, that he finds a family, and that he is safe and loved until that time. And I have a picture on my fridge to remind me, besides just showing me how cute he is.

I’m also praying for and trying to raise money for Zoe still.

Though I can’t physically bring one of these little ones home, I can definitely take a few minutes out of my day to plead with God on their behalf. Do you have a few minutes to spend to change a child’s life as well? Let Charissa at Reece’s Rainbow know, and she’ll be happy to send you information about your little special prayer buddy.

Some can adopt, many can give, but we ALL can pray.

Comments

  1. Awesome idea, thanks for sharing this RK. I didn't know they did this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...