Skip to main content

31 for 21: Pink and minty

I love peppermint ice cream. It's only around for the holiday season usually, so I enjoy when it shows up in the stores. Tonight I snagged some and learned a little something.

Braska loves it!

That's my girl. She ate more than 1/4 cup of the stuff, and in our world of no food orally, that's HUGE!!!! Now understand that she has these moments. She does something then won't repeat it afterwards, so we're cautious, but we're still excited. She just kept asking for more, so I kept giving it to her. We don't care much what she eats if she will eat by mouth. For now, anything is a win.

Like I say often... celebrate the little things!!

Comments

  1. Peppermint Ice Cream is my absolute FAVE and Georgia loves it too! Lucily our local ice cream parlor makes in in the summertime too. (It's especially good with a smidgen of marshmallow topping.)

    Yay Braska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites as well but I think chocolate still wins here :) I tagged you on my blog, swing over and see what it's about and feel free to pass/play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome thing!! Yummy ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it too. Go Braska!
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little granddaughter has EXCELLENT TASTE in choosing what she eats! One of these days, we will enjoy her eating spaghetti and noodles and green beans and taters, etc. etc.

    Way to go Braska!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always call our little guy the "been there done that kid" because he'll do something, we'll be so excited...then the next day he acts like "I already did that!" (toilet training would be an example of that!) lol

    Peppermint Candy is my favorite, too, but I have to have it with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaay, Braska! I actually fell for the cotton candy blizzards from DQ this summer (must of been pg hormones.) It tasted a bit like PM ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I'm not so about peppermint but I *love* ice cream...GO Braska!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She has excellent taste. I hope this is the beginning of something great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must humbly admit that I didn't even know such a product existed...that just shows you how much of a non-ice creamer I am. But I am so very glad that Braska has found something to chow down on - keep it going little one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a HUGE thing!! Go Braska!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...