Skip to main content

Abbey: The offer is in

We signed and initialled a zillion papers tonight and officially submitted an offer for Abbey. We're to hear back by 6pm tomorrow evening. We're assuming counter offers and so on. We'll see. I'm not too excited yet, just in case it doesn't pan out. But I think it would be nice if it did, that's for sure. I'll put up some pics if we get a contract. I'll tell you this much... it's just over 1/2 the square footage of our last place, so my mind is already planning for every efficient plan for storage and vertical space usage. But the bright spot is the Jacuzzi tub (very odd for this house) so at least we can relax if we get a minute. There's some work to be done, but we hope to get it at a price that will allow us to do that stuff, thanks to big help from family.

We found out today (on the way to submit the offer) that there has been a slight snafu in the sale of our Champaign house. It's still on, but there's some kinks to iron out regarding a repair we're trying to get done prior to closing. We've got a plan, so we're gonna see if the buyers like it or have another idea. Pray that we can get this all tied up soon!

Can I just say how happy I'll be when the selling and buying of houses is over for a while!?! Just think, in the midst of all this fun, it'll be time to pack up and move again in just a few weeks. *sigh* I just keep chanting, "We are so blessed. It's all been good. We're gonna make it." Then I go collapse and rest.

Comments

  1. keep on with that chant/rest cycle...and hope everything comes to a screeching halt soon - due to that fact that everything is sold, moved and settled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And at least you are getting it out of the way early into your pregnancy. I was 9-months pregnant at the end of the building of our house (talk about stress!) and we moved in two weeks after Emmy was born...after being bedridden due to illness for those two weeks!

    Just remember..God is good, and He is always in control! And having family close by to help in such times is really the only way to go:o)

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor girl. Can't imagine going through all this moving during pregnancy and caring for Braska. Hang in there your doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear how it all goes!! Praying for you and the whole process:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...