Skip to main content

Happy Hermit

I realized today that I have not been outside of the walls of this house since Tuesday night last week when I got home not feeling well. That's almost a full 7 days inside. Wow...how times have changed around here. The fact that it doesn't so much bother me is a whole other story. Granted, 4 days of that I was in bed, so maybe that makes a difference.

Just to show I can still put on shoes--slip-on, nothing too challenging just yet-- I took mail to the mailbox in the midst of our current snowstorm. Check me out with my adventurous bad self.

Comments

  1. good job RK - just keep telling yourself "baby steps, baby steps..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're starting to feel better - I'm sure Braska missed you while you were down & out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the outside! I find sometimes I don't leave the house for a couple days and it feels so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels so strange to go outside after being stuck indoors all day doesn't it? Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessie--Baby steps to the car door, baby steps open the garage...that's my fave movie ever!! What about Bob? :o)

    Michelle--If she missed me, she's good at hiding it!

    Deb--I'm surprised at how I don't notice nearly as much anymore...it's nice being in PJs for days. (Clean ones each day, of course.)

    Melissa--Thanks...I'm so darn spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...