Skip to main content

Post-op funk

I don’t know if I can blame it on the surgery, the hospital stay, or just a break in my momentum from the past couple weeks, but gosh, I’m so darn weird in the head right now.

Before I forget, Braska’s doing ok.  She spent alot of yesterday and today on a lap, sitting here or there for long periods, with a little whining occasionally.  But overall, she seems to be handling whatever she is feeling very well. 

Unfortunately, I’m spending long periods sitting also.  Often she’s on my lap, but even when I haven’t had her (or her sister, who has also demanded A LOT of attention since returning from Grammy’s) on my lap, I’m still blah. Sitting.  Randomly looking through blogs or working on some graphics piddling or something.  I’ve kept the house completely neat and uncluttered, no piles at all, for close to 10 days prior to going to the hospital, and now I don’t have the energy to keep up with the smallest task, it seems.  Though I did manage to get the dishwasher loaded tonight. 

Gee.  That is ridiculous that I can say that like it’s an accomplishment.

It’s no big deal, I guess, but I need to get my act together.  I’ve totally thrown my good eating plan to the wind.   (And that’s probably part of the problem, now that I think about it.)  You wouldn’t believe that junk I’ve been eating!  I mean, YUM, but seriously…it’s bad.  I have a new membership at the Y that I appreciate greatly, but I need to get up and use it! 

Sure, it’s only been a few days, but I can sink into this kind of thing and live here for a LONG time.  I’ve done it many times. I don’t want to do that. 

Considering the last several days, we’re doing ok.  I’m just impatient with everything, and especially myself.  We’ll get back into the good groove, but right now I feel stuck in the quick sand rut.

Anyone wanna share their favorite pick-me-up?!?  Got a good joke or something?

Comments

  1. My favorite pick me up is walking at the mall with a friend. It's really the conversation that lifts my mood, not the walking or the window shopping. We actually rarely buy anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good "pick me up" for me is being in the sun. Taking a walk and window shopping is a favorite head clearing activity for me... You are probably right about the correlation between eating differently and the funk that you are in. I hope that you are feeling better by the time that you read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the Y offer any exercise classes? Try taking something new, something outside of your comfort box. Maybe kickboxing, or bellydancing, or Zumba, or ANYTHING new. Then go and enjoy your time away from the lap kids. Time just for YOU!
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, I'd say that in your situation, the pick-me-up could be giving yourself permission to have a few days off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RK, Don't beat yourself up! This incident for Braska happened to the whole family. Everyone had to make adjustments to accommodate her needs for this time. But I have a feeling you had to make sure every accommodation was organized and happening as it needed to be!

    I like what Cate said about giving yourself permission. Maybe to relax, maybe to do things out of the norm and maybe even permission to cry. It is hard to see someone you love going through a hard time. You didn't have a chance to express it because you were busy being mom. Laugh when you want to, cry if you need to!

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...