Skip to main content

Meet-up countdown: 5 days

It’s Sunday.  On Friday the first meet-up attendees are arriving in town.  This thing has grown like I never expected!  We now have families coming from TN, WI, MI, IL, KS, IA, CO, and MO.  There will be over 65 people involved in at least one of the weekend’s events.  The single event that has the most people RSVP’d is dinner on Saturday night.  We’ll have almost 60 people at a restaurant.  Sunday evening we’ll have about 50 together again.  Won’t that be crazy?!?

I’m really blown away at how this seemed to sprout it’s own wings and take off.  Especially in the last couple of weeks. Suddenly there were more and more people sending requests for details.  I’m so glad that we’re having a good crowd.  I do hope everyone has fun.  I’m not the host or anything, but I did kind of take the baby and run with it. (No surprise there.)  So I feel responsible for everyone to enjoy themselves, especially since some are driving over 12 hours and others are flying in!!

There will be lots of fun at an indoor playground we’ve reserved. (These are the days I sure miss our old church in C-U with the monstrosity of an indoor playground that was open to the public each day.)  The one here isn’t even 1/2 of the size, but it will be plenty for what we need, and it has a huge netted climbing structure that will be a hit with a bunch of the kids.  There will also be a couple of events just for us all to visit, get to know each other, eat (of course), and for the kids to play.  Some people are going to Cards games, some are hitting a park here or there, a group of us is going to church together on Sunday which is really cool, and there will no doubt be plenty of “after hours” goings on at the hotel.

I’m happy to see it finally arrive, and I’ll probably be happy to see it over, to be honest.  Mostly because I’ve been working on it for a couple months, with my local buddies, and I’m ready to be done with it.  Just from the stressing over managing all the things for so many people. Granted, I took it on myself. This I’m aware of, but I’m ready for a break.  But it won’t be for long… there’s already talk of “next year” among those who couldn’t come this year.  So we’re going to see about setting up something bigger and planning farther ahead for next year.  Hope YOU can join us!

Comments

  1. Wow! I had no idea about this meet up, but I'm not surprised you're in on planning it. I know it will go great and many people will be blessed with new friendships and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...