Skip to main content

22 years of sisters

On Saturday, my whole family was at our house for a get together for my sister Joy’s 21st birthday.
 

We grilled, hung out in the back yard, played some washers, and ate plenty.  It was a really nice evening of weather, except for the mosquitos, and I think the consensus was that it was a good get together.  I was able to sit and relax a while, and that is so valuable, especially when hosting.  I got to catch up with Ryan, who I hadn’t seen in quite a long time since he’s working/touring for his college this summer in OK and surrounding parts.  At one point, Ryan, Joy, Julia, and I were on the deck, relaxing at the table for a bit while the rest were sitting out in the yard.  I hardly even get to chat with the “squeeks” as we’ve always called them, and almost NEVER all 3 at the same time.  I was out of the house already when the last 2 were born, and Joy was only 2 when I left, so it’s been different.  It was good to catch up with the three of them without the “older set” interrupting.  No offense to the older set, but it happens.

Here’s the whole gang…  the must-have family picture at every gathering when we’re all there. Not that frequent with college involved now.

L to R:—Ryan (18), Skye, with baby on the way, and Jody(33), Julia (14) in front of them.  Patrick and Rachel (soon to be 30!!!) holding KiKi.  M and me (36-not afraid of it!), Joy (21) with Braska. And Dad and Mom on the end. 

Before the last of the party attendees left, we snapped a shot of the four sisters.

Julia and I are 22 years apart, both of us getting ready to have birthdays in a few months.  Joy just turning 21 a couple weeks ago, and Rach to be the big 3-0 next month.  Hard to believe we can all be this grown up!  Or maybe I should say it’s hard to believe how old we are instead…because we’re not really that grown up. Trust me.

Happy 21, J!!!

Comments

  1. Nice family picture~It's always nice to catch up! My family lives within 40 min. of eachother but with busy schedules rarely get together at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice family picture~It's always nice to catch up! My family lives within 40 min. of eachother but with busy schedules rarely get together at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of a great family :) Happy birthday to Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed this post! Thanks again for hosting. I thought you might run the "silly" version of the family pic; some would say it's more "really us." But you weren't in that version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the pictures of your family so much. I had thought about Joy on her birthday,as always,and do remember that day well, very well! It was an honor to share in her birth. Love to all
    Cherita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...