Skip to main content

A few more tidbits, or maybe several more

*I love iced tea. But I like it really weak. Light, I call it. I don’t like a strong or bitter tea. Maybe it’s more like a lightly tea-flavored water, with a splash of lemon and Splenda. When I get tea in a restaurant, that initial glass will make me several glasses because I’m constantly just adding water (which I also order for my little habit) to make it right.

*Most of the time if I'm in a restaurant, I get water. But if I get lemon wedge or two with it, I can squeeze it into the water, add a little sprinkle of sweetener and I'm good to go with a nice (again...light) lemonade. Yum!

*Speaking of drinks/tea, my favorite summer drink is a lightly sweetened decaf mint tea. In 6 cups of water, I toss 2 regular decaf tea bags and 2 decaf mint tea bags (sometimes mint green tea, sometimes just peppermint tea). I microwave it 8 minutes (thank you Betty and Jessica…from years ago!) add Splenda while it’s hot, then pour it in the pitcher over lots of ice and fill with cold water. Makes a gallon easily, sometimes an extra quart, too. So light and perfectly refreshing on a summer day.

*I sometimes get tired of our super-frugal living situation, but I’m SO glad we’re on a smart path. It’s worth it.

* High-maintenance people exhaust me. If I have to actively work to just be around a person and neither party seems to gain any enjoyment or benefit, I probably won’t continue to put forth the effort.

*On the flip side, I really love people who are comfortable just being. I appreciate those people who float in and out of my life each day with ease, not that it’s always perfect or anything, but there isn’t a lot of stress over simply getting through a conversation.

*Continuing the theme of ease and people…we like drop-ins. We are drop-in people, but we don't drop in anymore because it seems unwelcome in general. It makes me sad that more people aren’t drop-in people. We used to know a lot of drop-in people, but they all grew up.

*I so enjoy the very quiet times when I’m the only one awake at night and all I can hear is the soft whir of the ceiling fan and an occasional little sleepy noise from the bedrooms. I sure wish I didn’t require so much sleep. I’d enjoy more of this.

*I require a lot of sleep. At least if I am going to be at my best. If I get less than 8 hours a night for more than 2 nights in a row, things might get dicey.

On that note… good night. Sweet dreams.

Comments

  1. When I was in Montana I weeded mom's strawberry patch (among other things) and after getting out three or four particularly stubborn huge weeds my hands smelled like mint.

    Yes indeed I plucked her on purpose mint that she was growing for tea. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tidbits! :) I am doing MY favorite things.... sitting quietly on my couch, solo at home, HGTV in the background, laptop on lap and box of red hot candies nearby :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...