Skip to main content

11 tidbits about me

Because I don’t have the energy to get up and do much of anything besides wiping noses or refilling Kinlee’s cup now that lunch is done and over, I figure I’ll throw some things up here that I’ve thought of lately and wondered if anyone knew*. (read: and/or cared about)

  1. I really wish I could develop a better schedule for my days. I function better, at least more efficiently, when I have a clear structure. Somehow the girls don’t seem to want to help.
  2. I’m waiting to hear back from the YMCA about our financial assistance application.  We have asked to have a discount on the membership, and I included a nice letter, with pictures even, explaining our “extenuating circumstances” that they asked for. Specifically the expense of Braska’s formula now that we’re no longer on WIC. $1300/month.  Anyone wanna add that to their budget?  I didn’t think so.
  3. I don’t like to talk about WIC.  I felt uncomfortable every single time I checked out. We used it. It served a purpose. We did it when we found that they would cover Braska’s formula. Now we’re done, and I’m ok with that.  Just another adjustment, and we’re ok with making it work.
  4. I often wish people would like me as much as I like them.  I find myself frequently feeling like I’m back in junior high trying to be good enough for the popular people.  I’m far too old for this, and yet it continues.
  5. I’m almost 37. That’s crazy.
  6. My want to be liked has a benefit that I like to include those who also seem to feel that way.  That is, IF they don’t have the element or air of entitlement or expectation.  I seem to prefer to help those who don’t demand to be helped. Not sure what that’s all about.
  7. I was totally against naming my first daughter Nebraska.  Totally against it.  Practically refused. Offered ANY other name. He wouldn’t budge one tiny bit. But I finally gave in because it wasn’t my biggest battle that I needed to fight at that moment.  And it’s her.  Braska is just right for her. If you want to see the reason why M was unwavering, click here to see what he wrote to me to plead his case.
  8. My shutters and front door need to be painted.  I meant to have it done by the end of this week.  Not sure I’m going to make my deadline. At least I’ve chosen the color. Almost.
  9. Kinlee scares me a little. She is so funny, like really seriously humorous, quite often.  But she is SO hard-headed. Doesn’t flinch when reprimanded, at least by me.  She is going to be one very challenging little girl to bring up right.
  10. I’m almost half way through the brand new book, Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson. I’m the first person to read this particular copy from a little unknown library here in town. So far, it’s very good.  Hard to read because it’s challenging to see what an important piece quality parenting is in a child’s life.
  11. My favorite number is 11.  But most of you probably already knew that one.  It’s followed closely by 7, 10, and 17.

That’s all for now. Maybe more installments later.  Anything you wonder? Toss me a question.  Very few things are off limits for me to discuss at least a little.

Comments

  1. Is there a story behind Kinlee's name?

    I like you bunches, by the way!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. RK~ You don't have to try with me.. I like you and we haven't even met.. even thought I worked with M:) I like all the stories you put up.. it helps me realize that my stubborn son is not unlike other hard headed kids:) P.S. Evan does the same things Kinlee does.. Terrible twos.. ha.. they carry over to threes also:)

    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...