Skip to main content

Feeling berry much better

It's been a long week. And yet it's flown by. How is that possible so often?

First off, thanks to all of you who have called and emailed and commented with encouragement. I really do appreciate it so much. Thank you also to all of you who have sent goodies and gifts, brought or fixed food, and just helped out in various ways.

Special thanks goes to my mom, who spent 10 days of the last 12 here with us. And thanks to Dad and the kids for letting her be away. She went home yesterday, taking Braska with her for a few days. She accomplishes more in a few days around here than I do in weeks. I'm most often not very pleasant when she is around, so she puts up with alot and doesn't complain. Thanks, Mom.

I'm definitely feeling better. I think it's a combination of factors, though I'm not sure what to credit with what element of the improvement. I stopped taking the meds after three days, because it was going to take at least 3 weeks for them to begin to work, and I got the impression that they might be actually causing the anxiety to be a bit worse. (It can be a side effect in the initial period.) Also, after some research and contacts with people--natural remedy experts, pharmacists, etc--Mom went to get some Red Raspberry Leaves (natural supplement), which is supposed to actually help the hormonal imbalance, not just deal with the symptoms of that imbalance. I'm not one to do the natural remedy thing usually, that's no secret. But I was at the point to try anything, and I have to say, from day one that I took the Raspberry, I have not had another bad panic attack. I had some slight periods of feeling anxious, but it was not nearly as bad as it had been this weekend or as it was with Braska. I'm not going to analyze it to death, but if it's working, we're gonna go with it for a while. (I hear this is great for PMS issues as well, so if you want more info, let me know.)

Kinlee is doing great. She is way easy as newborns go, or so I'm told. She's sleeping regularly and eating regularly, more frequently in the day than at night. Last night was my first one by myself since feeling better, and we made it through pretty well. She had a block of 4 hours of sleep and one of almost 5. I cannot complain about that. And M kept her in the evening for a few hours so I could get a nap in before starting the night, just in case. She rarely cries at all, and that may not remain the norm, but I'll take it for now! Last night she slept in her room, in her crib, and did just great. It's right across from our room, so I could hear her when I need to, but I didn't hear all her sleeping noises. That's good, as they keep me awake...every noise wakes me! I really SO do not get how you guys can sleep with a kid in the same room, or for goodness sakes, the same bed!! I'd NEVER get a wink of sleep!

Sunday afternoon we'll meet up with Mom and get Braska. Then we'll start the week all together to see if I can manage to deal with all the "stuff" of our normal weeks with newborn in tow. We shall see...

Hopefully, we're on our way to really finding our new normal very soon. Or should I say... BERRY soon!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better RK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been having a hard time. I guess I missed that. I'm glad things are going better, though.

    I'm not one for the herbal remedies, either, but I'm intrigued with this one. I'd love to get some more information whenever you have time. No hurry. You've got a few things on you plate right now!

    Kinlee is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better. I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear. Thank goodness for your mom. I didn't want to call at the wrong time and an email seemed too impersonal, but I've been thinking about you and will continue to do so. Kiss your sweet girls for me.
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berry interesting commentary! I'm so glad things are going so much better. We enjoy having Braska here; she has been a real sweetie. And it's always good to hear any of the kids brag on my sweetheart. The kids & I made a small contribution but we can honestly say we're glad we could. See you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pleasure :o) I love being around my kids AND GRANDKIDS!! Glad you're feeling so much better. We're enjoying Braska, for sure. Can't wait to show her off Sunday to all the people who have prayed for her for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear things are looking up:o) What a wonderful mama you have to help out so much! The Raspberry thing even sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are adjusting. It is not an easy thing is it? I know what you mean about the sleeping thing. Mattie stayed in a cradle in our room for some time because she was a quiet baby. But my other two....no way! Every little noise would wake me up. They would make more grunting noises. They both started sleeping in their cribs at a very early age for my sake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see that you are doing better. I might have to look into this Raspberry stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are on your way to feeling better. I agree, that raspberry leaf tea is some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that you are feeling better. UGH, I used to get panick attacks when I was pregnant for Dillon, so I know how horrible they are!
    Will keep you in my prayers that you don't have anymore anxiety & have this time to enjoy you little new one!
    {{HUGS!}}

    ReplyDelete
  12. My reader hasn't been updating so I just read this, but so glad to hear things are starting to iron themselves out. Kinlee sounds like a dream. And I might want some more info on the tea...I have TERRIBLE PMS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you are feeling better. I have been thinking about you lots. I will call you this week. Talk to you soon. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you are feeling better. I've been there and that post partum stuff really stinks!

    I completely get why you put Kinlee in her crib. My daughter is almost 19mo old and is still in my room, in her own crib, of course, (it is a big room) but with me living in a 2bdrm house and having four kiddo's (3 boys and 1 girl) i felt it was best to keep Melana in my room. I HEAR EVERY SINGLE NOISE SHE MAKES and have for 19mo. There is not one night that goes by that I dont wake at least twice a night to something and that in itself is exhausting. So Good Job starting the crib early!

    Praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I meant to say 3bdrm house. I do have 3 bedrooms but with 3 boys and one that is a teen, he has to have his own room and who wants to share a room with a girl? So her and I share a room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...