Skip to main content

7 pm and all is well

... well, that is, if you are in the crowd that chose later than today for Kinlee's arrival.

It's been a less-than-fun couple of days, not that I'm squirming-ly uncomfortable, but in that Braska is a snot machine (again, I don't know how you do it--those of you who have to deal with this alot!) and M stayed home from work yesterday sick, slept all day except for when he needed meds and food, and I had the joy of tending to them both. Today, he went to work, but slept at lunch and went to bed as soon as he got home. I guess it's good that we're not in labor at this point, but still. I keep wondering if I get days off ever again... like the real kind. Like when you just do stuff you WANT to do all day. Oh well, my days aren't all that bad, just wondering...

And yes, I know it's gonna get worse before it gets better as far as peaceful and enjoyable, happy, fun days go. I'm not *totally* crazy.

Still, I'm just weary of this waiting phase. I'm no good at waiting. If I know something is coming up, I want it to get here and get done so I can move on to the next thing.

For now, I am snot-wiper, medicine-giver, toddler-feeder-and-chaser, husband-tender, and, as always, house-straightener. At least I've got something to pass the time, right??

So if you made a guess and it's past already, feel free to re-up.

Oh, and I'm not one to "try" a variety of things to get this action going, but anyone have a particular something they think pressed the last button and sent them into labor? Might as well share fun stories while I wait!

Comments

  1. Snot wiper. Yuck. After 5 years of running a daycare I've had my fill and yet, found myself picking my daughters nose today because I was sick of looking at the dried boogers in her nose. Ah, isn't being a mom a glamorous job?

    I don't have any suggestions for moving things along; the first was induced on my due date; the second was a planned c-section and the third was a planned c-section but decided to come 3 weeks early. Everyone tried to walk the first one out of me, though. Obviously, it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh RK - I was so hoping this was the "introducing Kinlee...." post :0( BUT I guess the timing just isn't right since everyone is out of sorts. Hmmmmm.....walk, walk, walk - I know you've heard it before, and it doesn't always work, but it does get contractions going at times.

    And I have given up on the day off stuff - even when I have an occasional day with no kids it is because I need to spend uninterrupted time at something else - nothing fun that I would have chosen. Now an evening off - I can swing those every once in awhile and tomorrow night is one - I can't wait for that!

    So my new guess is 2/6 (I know folks that have this b-day) 11:25am, 7lbs. 14oz and 20 1/2 in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the snot. I know ALL about the snot. And this late in the game pregnancy stuff is for the birds!! :P I tell ya' the thing that worked with Rainer...pitocin!!! But seriously, jalepenos and walking worked with Georgia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get a vote in yet, so I'm gonna say Thursday night around 7pm-ish.

    And as for good suggestions, I don't really have any that you should do, but I have advice you *shouldn't* follow: don't drink cod liver oil - no matter who tells you it'll start the contractions. It.won't.work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still guess Thurs, about 3 or 4!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I am sticking with my day...tomorrow! And as some weird thing I had Arby's before both my girls were born and even though I was in the hospital to be induced my water broke and everything happened on it's own with Maddy. So I say go out and have yourself a Roast Beef with Arby's sauce tomorrow, that should get things movin'! Can't wait to hear:o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get in the rocking chair. Rock, rock, rock. It moves the baby's head into your pelvis. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't have any stories, but unless I miss my guess, you won't have any days left to do just what you want to do. I don't remember any.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popeyes fried chicken... the spicier one. And I've heard about other things which probably aren't appropriate to post here :)... but then again, I haven't actually found them to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I too hate snot and it's constant flow!

    After Mitchell (my 2nd) was born I regret not sending Cameron to grandma's for a couple hours a day (if that's an option for you with Braska). I feel like because I was taking care of Cameron I missed out on those early weeks getting to know my new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. take caster oil. I did and I was in labor w/in a few hours. It is gross and I mixed it with orange juice, but it worked on 2 of my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only "button" I had with you 6 was the boiled okra (Yuck)the night before Rach came -- 11 days early! A woman in the church told me I should eat it. Thirty minutes of labor the next morning and Rach was here!
    I'm still planning for tomorrow.
    Need help? Call the Grammyphone :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...