Skip to main content

The gown adds 20 lbs

It's fun to go to the bathroom with all the contraptions. And then my nurse scans my bracelet to see what I'm worth! At least that's what M thought she was doing... no comment on his comment. But seriously...that gown isn't flattering at all.

The IV makes it hard to type, but I'm doing my best to make this labor and delivery as internet/bloggy/geeky as possible. M's across the room with his laptop playing poker and watching shows. We're making this experience special.
But now I should rest... so I'll try.

Comments

  1. Hope all goes well RK. I'm praying for you. It will all be worth it when you hold Kinlee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful.
    Prayers,
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Now I want the next picture to be you and a sweet baby. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to go to bed but I'll be thinking of you! Good luck, and lots of prayers for a quick delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous- can't wait to see you and your beautiful babe soon...prayers for a smooth delivery for you and her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, you look great- I don't have ANY pic's of myself after about 7 months with Kristopher- except of course the church directory photo from the week before he was here (taken AFTER my due date... loved that LOL). I hope you're well on your way to bonding with baby now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smiling, because this sounds so much like my inductions, internet and all:o) You do look great, and the gown is so lovely! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so right RK - those hospital gowns don't flatter anyone on this planet! I am sooooo excited, praying, anticipating, check-in, waiting...all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting so excited to see her. And all pregnant women are beautiful...gown or no gown. You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...