Skip to main content

To move or not to move

I'm sitting here in my all-too-usual spot. The recliner. Kinlee's asleep on my left shoulder, Braska's asleep cuddled on my leg. I'm "typing" with my right hand while the laptop sits on the arm of the couch next to the chair. (I'm getting much faster at this one-handed typing lately.)

Do I wake them both to attempt to put one or both in bed? Do I just sit here and let them sleep even though Braska is due for a feeding? Braska missed school today due to lots of goo in her head, so she really needs sleep. But she might sleep longer in her bed. And do I want to sit here stuck for the next hour or so?

They are both so cute when they sleep. But dang, they are little heat machines!

Would you get up or stay put?? Go ahead, tell me...I'll be here.

Comments

  1. I think I would make the decision based on whether you think they will sleep when you move them or not and if you have anything to do while sitting there. For instance if they will wake up and be crabby and you are maybe due for a nap yourself then I would stay put:o) But if you can move them to their beds undisturbed and you would then be free to do amazing things with your free time, then I would put them in their beds. For me if it were Maddy I would put her in bed and if it were Gracie I would stay put, just due to their ability to be moved and stay asleep. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say if your comfortable... and could kick back and sleep too... leave all as is :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been in this dilemma before, I think I would stay put. I have thought okay, should I fall asleep myself and get some much needed rest or put them down and try to get something done. Never fails, one or both will wake up. So, sit back, relax, enjoy your sleeping babies and catch a nap yourself. Whatever else needs done will always be there, but these little moments just fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you can make that call :o) The other responses have been good.
    You might want to consider putting them in bed BEFORE they fall asleep on you :o) But, OH, isn't it sweet?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soak it up! They are only that little for such a short period of time! Everything else can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure they can't possible still be in that same position since you posted earlier today, but my vote would have been to leave them be. Of course, I'm sure you have a million things to do, but how nice to enjoy that sweet sleepy time with your babies that are already growing up too fast :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...