Skip to main content

*REAL* Mother's Day

It's 8:08 am. I got up about 6:20 am because I woke up and knew Kinlee would be up very shortly. She was stirring, but I thought I'd check my email and pump before she got up. (Since she's sleeping through the night, the morning provides help to our surplus supply.) She woke up just before 7, so I changed her, fed her, burped her, and dealt with a MAJOR blowout diaper, which brought with it a bath and clothes washing for her and for me. Then Braska woke up while I was re-dressing Kinlee, so we went to her room, put Kinlee in B's bed, then changed Braska. We all went out to the living room for Braska's medicine and water dose (little bit to help wash out that overnight goo that she's had this week, helps before her full feeding). My nose quickly told me that Braska was already in need of another diaper, so back to her room we went.

Now I'm having my bowl of cereal. Braska's watching her Blues Clues (by request...love that), and Kinlee's in the swing. In less than two hours from now, we'll have to manage my shower and dressing for church, Braska's morning feeding, a bath for Braska, dressing both girls for church (I don't put the good stuff on them til right before we go), and packing for a day with the in-laws to celebrate Mother's Day and M's birthday tomorrow.

Baths, blowout diapers, feedings all around, laundry, and changing clothes several times. All in about 90 minutes.

That's what a REAL Mother's Day looks like in our house.

And M is still sound asleep.

Comments

  1. This am when Soph got up, I woke Mark (I never do that) and went back to bed! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN...pretty close to my own...minus anyone adorable watching Blue's Clues...add in constant cursing under breath at sleeping husband...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I didn't have as much early morning excitement, but I didn't get much of a day off either...but then does a mom EVER really get a day off.

    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's about as real as it gets, isn't it!? Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That detailed account makes me want a baby even more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...