Skip to main content

Not a toy

All is well, no one is injured. But hopefully lessons have been learned.

Braska's into climbing everything lately. Tonight, this looked like a challenge, apparently. Guess who won...

Comments

  1. oh no! glad she's ok. that's how kids learn i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm glad she's ok, too. I know as a mom how your heart just stops when you realize what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a toy. In fact it looks like a bouncy toy. But...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Just read the post above and glad to hear she is ok and not even a bump on her!

    We used to say that Kayla had a high tolerance for pain too as things just didn't seem to bother her like they did other kids. And if she did cry over something it was over with in seconds. I think I remember reading somewhere that there is some coorelation between Ds and having a high pain threshold, but I don't remember exactly where I read that or what the connection was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh...Melana is 21mo old and very mobile, she has been going up the stairs for months on end now....but the other day, she fell down at least 8 of the 15 stairs in my house. I heard it happening, ran to stop her and she freaked out! SHE has NO pain tolerance and screamed for at least 30-45min. NO damage was done, she is fine, not a mark on her, but my gosh is that not the scariest thing EVER!

    Glad Braska is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...