Skip to main content

The Story: Moving, Part 1

I feel like I should write so much, but I'm just not finding the time anymore. I'm so sad that my daily blogging has turned into bi-weekly almost. So for now, pics and captions will have to suffice.

In case you've missed it somehow, here's what started this chaos of the past few weeks. It culminated in a two-part move, beginning Saturday 5/17 with the load up. We had a great turnout of guys (and Susan!) so the work went fairly quickly overall. It took some time to work out the jigsaw puzzle of fitting all our big things in with few little things to go in the gaps. But the guys did a great job.


Since there were so many hands available, and since we had a bit of a truck issue (it was too small!) we decided at the last minute to get a second truck and go ahead and load while there were people there to help. The first pic there shows both, the second zooms in on the right side of the first. Ridiculous...two trucks.


And since there were plenty of hands, Matt and Brent helped out with the pool stuff. That was a BIG help as well. And Matt drove 1 1/2 hours just to come help us. Big thanks, big important attorney man! Plus he even painted some too!


By the time we were able to crash and sleep, this is what our bedroom looked like. Blanket on floor. I don't recommend it.


Part 2 to follow soon.

Comments

  1. I hope you guys are settling in nicely at your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry about blogging right now, we'll all be here when you get back. Get settled in and relax a little. How is Braska adjusting to the change?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, a blanket in the floor doesn't scream come rest your weary body. Hope things are settling down a bit, but I know how moving is a big truck load of work (or two truck loads!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you have some pretty fine friends. I add my thanks!! Hugs to all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that room looks so sad not being purple! We miss you guys:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about blogging - just pop in when you can. I'm glad you had some help with such a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope things are going smoothly and you are getting settled in.
    Try to peek out the windows at your new pretty view when you start feeling tired. Truely a lovely view is inspiring.
    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...