Skip to main content

31 for 21: Divin' In

Tonight I went to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert with Bethany Dillon and Sanctus Real at the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. This is probably my 5th SCC concert in 16 years. He's my favorite all-time artist. It was an early birthday present from my husband. I knew every word of every song by SCC except for the ones from the album being released in a couple weeks. That makes it fun...when you can sing along and reminisce. He always does a montage/medley of his most popular songs and it's probably my favorite... I could listen to him go through all of his 45 #1 songs. Bethany and Sanctus Real were also quite good. I knew several of their songs as well, though some I didn't realize were theirs until the song began. I recommending browsing through the music clips on their sites... lots of good stuff.

I thought it was especially cool that his 16-year-old son Will Franklin and his 18-year-old son Caleb Steven were in his band, playing the drums and guitar respectively. I recognized them immediately when the lights came up. It did make me feel a little old, though, since I remember at my first SCC concert back in college 16 years ago that Will Franklin was only a few months old... wow. Time flies.

At our 2nd wedding reception (we had 3), there was a DJ and dancing, and we had a live band for the beginning as well. It was the super-cool praise band from our church, and they did one of our fave SCC songs at the time, Dive. So that song has a bit of nostalgia for me... here's a very poor video clip from last night taken via my Motorola Q. Little bit of crowd participation time...

If you're not familiar with Steven Curtis, check out this link for lots of free listens. Maybe I'll do a top 10 list soon of my faves, but that would be awfully hard.

Comments

  1. Ah, memories. Steven Curtis Chapman. Yes, that's another thing we have in common. Thanks, Munch, for RK's concert gift. If my memory serves me well (which it often does not,) the last SCC concert I attended was in Illinois when I was pregnant with Joy -- 18 years ago. Glad you could go!

    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. I like SCC as well. But admit my all time favorite is Third day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like SCC. That was how we told my parents we were adopting, by playing the video for his song--blanking on the name and too lazy to look it up--anyway, I did the ugly cry and couldn't speak, but they got the message!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...