Skip to main content

Chrissie is finally dancing

I’ve posted a few times about little Chrissie, adopted 6 months ago from Serbia, who had very dangerous heart surgery a month ago today.  She has had a very difficult 30 days, and overnight last night she finally got relief for her pain and struggles.  She is now “dancing with Jesus,”  as her mom posted this morning. I pray comfort for her family, and yet I am so happy that Chrissie is no longer fighting and hurting as she has been for these last weeks.  She was a very tough little girl, and she fought as hard as she could.  Now she gets to relax and enjoy the energy she always wanted to have…dancing and laughing and playing. 

Here’s a clip from Lorraine’s blog from the moments before she went to surgery on 4/19/10.  Cherished pictures, no doubt.  She was a beautiful little girl and SO very loved since coming home to Texas.  And her family knows that they will see her again…and the dancing will go on forever!

image

Please pray for this family as they miss their princess desperately.  They were so very faithful, with amazing testimonies to God’s provisions and his miracles even in these difficult times.  I am quite sure Lorraine agrees with me in this… God is good, ALL the time.

Comments

  1. Many prayers with their family now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for Chrissie's family today...well, actually for over a month now. What a joy that Chrissie knew the love of a mommy and a daddy and siblings before she went home. I'm also praising God that He used Chrissie to bring others closer to Him. She's reaping her rewards for her hard work here on earth...dancing with her Lord and Saviour!! Dance away Serbian Princess...you touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...