Skip to main content

Meet Chrissie

Shelley posted about 4-year-old Chrissie yesterday and I was so amazed at her story. We’ve been through open-heart surgery with Braska, but this little one’s situation is far above a “routine” OHS. Today she will have a very risky but necessary surgery to repair her heart in several ways.
Pray for Chrissie
She is a miracle already, just in the fact that she is still alive. Her forever family brought her home on my birthday this last fall, so that makes her extra special, in my book.

Please be praying that her surgery and recovery go well and without complications. Click her button above to read her story and to check on updates from her family.


Edited to add: The surgery has had to be postponed due to Chrissie waking up with a fever today. It will be at least a month to be rescheduled. She is in a very dangerous situation with her heart in it's current condition. Please pray that she can hold on and be healthy so that the surgery can happen as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...