Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kind AND sweet!

Val, AKA Rylie's Mom, honored me by bestowing the Kind Blogger Award on me. Back in October, I found her blog about her three beauties, including Rylie, an adorable 5-year-old with that extra something special. I put a shout out to her on the blog to pass the word.

Here's what she said....."I would like to pass on this award to RK over at Just RK. When I had just started my blog back in October, she introduced me on her blog which brought me readers. I was so excited and I thought it was so kind of her. So, RK you deserve this award. You are definitely a Kind Blogger."

Thanks Val!!! I feel loved!!! :o)
_______________________________________________
Now to the sweet part. Last night, I needed something sweet. I've been eating alot of vegetables lately...and that's WAY not normal for me. I mean, I like veggies, but I rarely have them at the house, as they go bad very quickly. But lately I've been in to yellow squash and zucchini with some onion, all sauted up in a bit of butter and olive oil. After dinner last night, I needed something to follow the veggies. (That was dinner...just the veggies.) So there, in the freezer, was a lovely sight. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches! But wait...an idea came to me.

Yeah, that's right. A Skinny Cow sundae! Light whipped cream (left from a party recently--thanks Sara!) under the sandwich and on top, sliced banana, caramel topping, a dollop of strawberry preserves. Can you beat it? I don't think so. And not so bad on the calorie list either. Well, if you're going to do ice cream, anyway.

11 comments:

  1. That looks seriously good!! I am hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches! I have them in my freezer right now! During the Christmas season they ahd a mint flavored one and mmmmm mmmmm mmmm it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen K--We need to get that ice cream sandwich maker we saw and then make these from that. Yum!

    Anon--It WAS seriously good. Come on over, I've got one more left.

    Shannon--Mint...my fave flavor!! I'll have to look for that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, the anon was me and i am stuck in bed!!!!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks seriously yummy and definitely needed -- especially after all the veggies! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice award! And WOW does that desert look yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea--I thought it was you. It's ok, you have DOUBLE pregnant brain!

    Jen--Think the ice cream cancelled out the veggie benefit??

    Christina--It was awfully good...I may have to have another tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve the award...AND the treat. Glad you're doing the veggie thing most of the time, tho :o)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You suck! LOL just joking. MMM I am on day 3 of the detox and every blog I seem to visit this morning is talking about food LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom--I'm going through alot of veggies, don't worry.

    Kari--Sorry to be a distraction! Yummmmmm love that cabbage soup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!