Skip to main content

31 for 21: Vikings home game in St. Louis

Yeah, that’s what it seemed like.  There were more purple jerseys and hats and Viking costumes than any combination of blue and gold and white.  It was sad for the Rams. I can’t imagine how it would be to look around your home stadium and see more fans of the opponent than your own. Ouch.  I kept watching the cheerleaders and wondering how they could keep being all perky and bouncy when there wasn’t a soul in the place paying attention to them.  Or cheering at all.

BUT…

The afternoon was so fun!  I had a great time taking it all in, goofing off, watching the Viking fans…all.around.us.  I thought it was really fun!  Can I say fun again?  It was a very fun way to spend a Bears-free afternoon during football season.  M and I dreamt of the days when we will be so wonderfully financially stable that we can go see the Bears anytime, wherever they play, with great 50-yard-line tickets.  Know this, though… we kept our Bears fanship on the down low with all those Vikings around us.

Yes, it was demoralizing for the Rams.  Three trips into the red zone and all three times there were turnovers in the end zone.  I stood. I stared. I said, “Wow.”  And the several rows of Viking fans around us had lots of opportunities to share high-fives and fist bumps.  But they were part of the show for me.  Along with the hysterical Minn-e-so-ta accent.  (I do not know how to write it. But it was funny. It made me think of your old answering machine message, Randy.)

We took a ton of pics, so they’ll come along later.  For now, here’s one. It wasn’t our most photogenically pleasing day, but who cares. We had a good time!  Rach and Patrick thought we were a little giddy, I think, but they tolerated us graciously. Thanks to them for going, and thanks to Cindy for the tickets!!

(And thanks to my mom for coming up to watch the girls for us!)

mrk-rams

Comments

  1. Glad you had a good time. I'm still disappointed that the Rams gave up on Kurt Warner. St. Louis is still waiting for an NFL franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you guys were able to go to an NFL game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...