Skip to main content

Prego update: Week 35

I'm exhausted. Braska's been getting up in the night for no apparent reason, unhappy and won't go back to sleep. Two times one night, three times another night, for a few hours at a time... I thought I had a few more weeks for sleeping through the night!!! So this will be short and simple...

As an FYI...there is conflicting data on my "dating" as they call it. Like when I'm actually due. My timeline is as you see in the side bar on the blog and the timing in these updates. The OB seems to think I'm figuring it a week too early, that I'm actually due one week later. So they think I'm 34, I say 35. I told her it would only be a problem if the baby is getting bigger than I would like or if they think I'm hanging on til 41. No deal. We came to an agreement, so that's good.

~~I've lost 2 lbs in the last two weeks. No surprise to me. It seems to be my weird thing. Total weight gain in 35 weeks...6 lbs. I can deal with that.

~~Overall, everything's fine. I'm having no issues. The achy stuff is still around, but it's just life at this point, so no big problem. Kinlee's moving PLENTY so no concern there.

~~She said I'm measuring a little big (like when they put the tape over the belly...how do they really know where it--the uterus--stops and starts...I'm amazed) so maybe I'm right after all! Whatta ya know?!? We'll keep an eye on it.

~~My blood pressure was high, for me, but still in the normal range, just caught her attention since it's the second time. 130ish/80ish when my norm is in the 110/65 range. I also am spilling protein (means it's showing up in the lovely urine samples we have to give every time) as I have been for a while, not alot, but combined with the weight loss and the BP, she wants to keep tabs.

~~I go back in 2 weeks, then weekly. We talked about the logistics of labor and delivery, like making sure my plan and hers are congruous. She's not a stickler about a few things that some of my OB doc clients have been, so that's good. We have a plan in place, kind of plan A and plan B, so I am glad about that. I reviewed all my do's and don'ts of delivery, as I'm doing each time to make sure there's no confusion, and we're all kosher.

~~I may have another ultrasound to check for size if things are still of any minimal concern next time in her opinion. That's fine with me... if it means they find that she's ready to come earlier, then so be it.

That's it for today. 40 minutes of waiting for 8 minutes of talking. I don't care for that, but it'll be over soon. She's really nice and very open and flexible, and I like that. So I'll wait when I need to.

Comments

  1. I can totally relate about the sleeping thing. No baby in the belly here, but two babies out-of-belly that have been waking up multiple times in the night for the last couple months and it's wearing mommy and daddy out. The one-year-old just wants to nurse and is extremely stubborn about it and the two year old wakes up multiple times very upset for no apparent reason. Next week we're headed to the miracle sleep lady out at St. Luke's. Just let me know when you're rested enough and have time to get together to get some clothes and seats! We're flexible. Hope Braska works through the night waking issues soon!!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you hugs and foot massages. I hope these next few weeks fly by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all into the numbers here
    8 minutes. wow.
    6 lbs??? really?? wow again.
    35 weeks! sounds as though you are ready to go.
    My bp seems to go up at the end for me and it kick starts my body into evicting the bebe.
    Hope all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo you're almost there!
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your pregnancy is flying (easy for me to say)...could be anytime, really. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what your "plan" is, but if they offer a c-section, take it! I would rather have a c-section over a natural birth ANY day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO excited to see Braska's little sis! Good luck, we are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey RK! Long time that I haven't checked in and look here you are at the end of your pregnancy! Glad to hear things are relatively well and I am praying for you to get some rest before baby makes his/her grand appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How on earth does one only gain 6 pounds in 35 weeks of pregnancy? I'm in complete shock over this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh happy day, Less question mark!

As a follow up to yesterday's post, I got word today that we will NOT be assigned to the new guy, but we will have an experienced coordinator after all. I feel SO much better. I also learned some other info today that made me think I still have some kinks to work out, so I'll be taking care of that this next week. I'll be SO glad when this transition/IEP stuff is behind us. I want to do the very best I can, but there's part of me who wants to just hide and let it all happen without me.

31 for 21: What to say

I have encountered plenty of people who ask "How old is she?" when Braska and I are out together here and there. They always guess her age about 5 months younger than she is, but that's ok, since that's what size she is. I have said several times that I can imagine it will bother me a bit more, although still not a huge deal, when she turns one next month and I see their reaction to that, as she still is in her car seat/carrier when we're in a restaurant or in a store since she doesn't sit up. Today, I met some friends for brunch. The waitress was a nice enough, very young girl, and she started cooing at Braska right away. That's nice. I don't mind, Braska likes the attention, and I'm proud of my cutie. The waitress asked her age, and I told her 11 months. She then said, "But she's not walking yet?" as she noticed that she was up to the table in her car seat/carrier. I just agreed and said, "Not yet." She said she h

Was there a line??

I assume that you went to vote, either today or earlier if possible. I expect that of you, know that straight up. How long did you wait in line?? And throw in the state you voted in, just for fun. I'm really curious if all areas have a big wait or if it's just the more congested ones. I voted Friday absentee/in person, and we waited about 15 mins or so. It moved VERY fast for a big line. There's just one place in our very populated county to do the absentee/in person voting, and it wasn't bad at all for what I thought it might be. If you haven't, GO VOTE people... again, please just know what you're voting for, either way. You may just have to live with your choice. God Bless America!!