Skip to main content

Smile. Then collapse.

Tonight it was let-Kyle-kick-our-rears time again.  This time my co-worker E and I are doing training together.  There are pros and cons to working out where we work, letting one of our co-workers (a currently nationally ranked college bodybuilder, no less) make us look ridiculous and sweat like little piggies. Plus we know everyone working out while we’re there… good to show staff walking the talk, but it feels funny to have everyone see us so much less “done up” than when we’re looking cute at the front desk. 

E is younger than I am, way WAY more fit than I am, and she’s a great cheerleader when I’m grunting like a dork trying to get the 8-lb dumbbells over my head ONE more time.  We did it though, we made it through. And I didn’t feel TOO horrible afterword.
rkelaine-wm

Hoping this kicks in the downward motion on the scale again. 35.4 lbs gone since March, lots more to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...