Skip to main content

Late for the bar scene

Tonight we went to a bar in downtown StL to see a friend's band play after I got off work . It was fun, though unbelievably loud. A whole lot of people in a small space with not nearly enough chairs and constant movement around us. It was very interesting to me, from both from the music standpoint... because I miss performing with a band alot... and from the angle of the culture side. I never had a phase of doing "the bar scene" and I am ok with that.

It was fun to watch the band play and hear them, though I would've enjoyed a more balanced sound situation so I could have enjoyed the vocals and the superb guitar licks. 70s and 80s rock cover band. Good times.

I learned that I am way older than I realized. I learned that I am strangely enamored with watching young people try to act grown up. And I remembered why I don't live downtown.

Overall I found it enjoyable, and I would have stayed longer if I hadn't needed to come home and let my gracious sister get home to her own bed. The ringing in my ears will last a while I think. But it was a fun night out, though not my new norm by any means.

Funny tidbits to know..
**Our double date couple for the evening...my lovely in laws. The friend playing is from their church.
**I ordered a drink, and sipped a little bit, until it dawned on me that I better check the nutrition facts on it. And after My Fitness Pal woke me up with the calorie and carb numbers, it was all tea and water for me after that. Priorities!!

So maybe we don't qualify as hip or happening or current in any way, but we had fun... Until it was time to get home to real life. And really, I prefer it anyway.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...