Skip to main content

This girl…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This girl is amazing.

This girl is tolerating a very different way of doing things and she’s smiling through it. (Most of the time…)

This girl has to work harder at taking a drink of milk than you  or I do during a one-hour workout. 

But…This girl is doing it. And well.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

This girl adores her big sister. 

This girl can do just about everything better and faster than her big sister.

But this girl cheers her big sister on consistently, celebrating every little thing like it’s a major event.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

These little girls make me smile.

These little girls make me crazy sometimes.

These little girls frustrate me to no end on some days.

But these little girls are blessings. Just as they are.

Lord, give me the wisdom to raise these little girls in the way you know is best.

Comments

  1. My favorite post! -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry this morning:) I have to remember to just enjoy my kids just as they are, no matter how crazy they make me 99.9% of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears in the eyes. Love in my heart. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your open honesty. You said what I feel about my boys, but never find the right words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are your daddy's daughter, having a way with words. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...