Skip to main content

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Hot Rod. Padre. Pa Beagle.

Dad is what I call him most often. 
And today he qualifies for the senior discount at the YMCA. 
Congratulations!

So here’s a little look back at when it was just us, and Mom, of course. But someone had to take the pictures.  From October 73 to Easter 75, when he was a preacher boy in his mid-twenties. Good times.
dadrk6dadrk5dadrk4dadrk3dadrk2dadrk1

And from June 2011… with Mom, Julia, and the girls. 
gramjupapagirls

Happy birthday, Dad.  Hope you have a super great day! And yes, you may link this on FB if you’d like to share your young handsome self with your friends.  Smile

(Happy birthday to Marci, too.  Wherever you are.  We still miss you.)

Comments

  1. Wow, your girls look JUST like you. Especially Kinlee!!

    Happy Birthday to your Pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always been Daddy's girl. He was quite a handsome dude, wasn't he? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say??? I'm a sentimental kind of guy and those pictures really take me back to some wonderful times! I had no idea then that I would be Daddy to FIVE more, but there is always a special place in Daddy's heart for that first one! Thanks so much for this post. Seeing your love for and excitement with your girls is part of a fitting reward to this "seasoned citizen." Love always, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I want to know is how you got Kinlee's picture in those pictures of Rod! :) Wow! The resemblance is pretty remarkable. Those were good times. Got to share in some of them. Thanks for the memory lane walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Rod. Oh and I really like the picture with you and Kinlee. Oh..was that Randa-Kay?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...