Skip to main content

And it only gets busier…

So much to write about. No time to write.

Braska’s 3. Alot of thoughts. Three years flew, but yet it didn’t. If you ask her, she’ll tell you it was a “happy burfday” and she’s “phree!”

The IEP. Came, went, and I’m glad. It was a big process. I probably made it bigger, but I’m pleased with how it all went, and I’m not convinced it would have gone so well had I not made it a big deal. But I’d like to document for me and for those of you who will be crossing that threshold soon. So much learned.

Finances. No one likes to talk about or probably hear about them, but we all live it. We’ve just this month implemented a very strict budget (like in a spreadsheet, no room for cheating), changed several things, and I’m still struggling to adjust. I thought it would come easier to me, but it didn’t. I’m blessed with a few little elves around who help me get through when I need a QT cappuccino fix for $1.28, because all such frivolities got left on the cutting room floor. And it’s almost time for would-be gifting season…

Fall. I love fall. And winter. Thanksgiving is my fave! Christmas used to be, but the inability to get gifts this year is kind of a bummer. NOT that I’m not thankful for every single thing we have, and that’s ALOT of things, but it does get me down a bit to have no shopping to do. I love to give, but this year, I’m going to have to get creative and homemade--and that's not likely to actually happen. The girls will be well cared for from their extended family, even if I told them not to, and we don’t really NEED for a thing, so I’m not bitter. It’s just so fun to shop for others, to give things that make them *gasp* and “wow!” Soon enough, we’ll get back to that, I hope.

Movies. I live 3 blocks from a $1 movie theater. Though it’s not in the budget either, I found a buck and Joy and I went tonight to see Julie & Julia. Good movie, I thought. But why do they have to throw in one single solitary super-unnecessary F-bomb? It didn’t even fit. It actually made me sad, because I could have enjoyed watching it with people who would be very upset by that. It’s a cooking movie, people! It’s pretty much a chick flick. There’s no great drama, no action, no real tension…SO unnecessary.

Enough. I’m late for bed, and I need the sleep. I hope to be able to let the writing juices flow soon… but who knows.

Have a good weekend!

Comments

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog, it's nice to know that I am not alone in my thoughts and feelings.
    As far as gifts, we are in a simular boat. I am thinking that I am giving homemade goodies to most everyone, we exchanged names this year as a family (My family, there are 7 of us.) That will help cut costs as we don't have everyone to buy for this year. I hope you find a way to give without spending money. Remember that it isn't how much you spend that makes the gift.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of the updates. I think I need to implement your spreadsheet idea. I have never been good at budgeting. Maybe you can bake everyone a gift? I would like to try to do that, but I am not sure it will happen. Best of luck with things and hang int here:) Happy Birthday Braska.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! long time!! Thanks for checkin in on me while I was away :)
    I'm sure you noticed I have been lurking both the girls blogs the past few days :) Can't believe how fast babies grow.
    I am officially back but have zero to say about budget etc.... Let's just say Santa will not be forgetting my kiddos but other than that I have plenty of hugs and kisses LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...