Skip to main content

Moms who have had a CVS

Can someone describe the physical experience of having a CVS? Not the procedure itself, but how it felt first hand...did it hurt, what was your down time following, etc.

There's a mom on a forum who is wanting to know and not many of us there have had one.

Thanks!!

Comments

  1. I posted my story on my blog under "Joey's Story".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to their pharmacy once and bought an Orange Sunkist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum I am down with M on this one... I really like it as an alternative to Walgreens when available. Though I have never HAD a CVS OR a Walgreens..

    Then? Why is Randa asking about Concurrent Versions System?

    I currently use TortoiseSVN! Though again I would hardly call it having "had" one.

    What I do have is a sweet front end Visual SVN for my SVN DB! It rocks compared to the standard tortoise windows interface!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo, back to the topic - no, I haven't, but I could tell you about an amnio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.genecare.com/56/id/ChorionicVillusSamplingCVS
    This site looked like it might be of some help to that mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had CVS done with Larkin. You meet with a counselor first then drink a bottle of water so your bladder is full. On the table you recline and there is a tv screen up on the wall so you can see everything. A sono tech has an ultra sound on top of your belly the entire time. The doctor inserts a speculum and threads a long needle through which then cuts off a piece of the placenta. The worst part is the full bladder, speculum. Afterward there is some cramping and they ask that you stay off of your feet. I rode home tired and laid down for the rest of the evening. No bleeding or other issues.

    As a couple they should know exactly what they want to do before knowing the results. Furthermore I'll be willing to bet they won't terminate (if that is what they are thinking) after seeing their baby on that sono.

    And you can tell her that the CVS was wrong. So don't go in thinking that tests are perfect - but my girl Larkin sure is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. M and Jason... You guys are a sad couple of peas in a pod.

    To the rest of you...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...