Skip to main content

It was HIS idea. Just to be clear.

M asked me to guest blog a recent adventure with medical procedures for the purpose of keeping further “surprise” babies from showing up.  I wish I had video of the whole experience. As his mom put it, it was “comedy gold.”

If you’re interested in the “Snip/Tuck” story, click here.

Comments

  1. justin must never...NEVER...read this post. But it's okay. Because I've read it and laughed over it enough for both of us...ironically, i see the word verification for my comment is "bedding". I adore you RK. Absolutely adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it last night and laughed my butt off!! Then I called my husband in to read it, and his response was "Did they knock him out for it???!! I didn't know they knock you out for it!!" I lost it! You're an AWESOME story teller, let me just say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randa... That was the BEST story telling ever.. I laughed so hard here at work that the guys came over to ask me what was so funny and most of them know Muncher.. Thank you for that high laughter for my bad week.. I needed that.. Sorry that it was at the expense of Muncher:)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made my day! Hope Muncher is feeling better by now. But we sure enjoyed a laugh at his expense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just the laugh I needed today!! Too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  6. too stinkin' funny! Allan asked what was so funny and i said NOTHING real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so hilarious that I laughed until I cried... a LOT! The pictures were great!!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. So hilarious!! Bill and I were laughing the whole time we were reading. Have you considered guesting at a stand-up comedy club? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a crazy experience that was! I can't believe the nurse didn't help, or get someone to help you when you were attempting to get him dressed as he was unconscious! Ridiculous! I can't believe they let him leave like that either.

    I sent it to Joe to read and he said "you want me to read this why?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I am so behind in my blog-reading and when I read this I just fell apart laughing...sitting on my front porch for all to hear, tears rolling down my face. That was the funniest story I've heard in ages and I can't believe you even thought to get pictures.
    My nephew's friend had the dr. literally die while he was performing his same procedure and here was the poor guy laying on the table while they had to deal with it. I never heard what ever happened, but can you even imagine?
    Thanks so much for sharing, you are a gifted writer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...