Skip to main content

My "Welcome Christmas" show

Over 20 years ago,  we began doing Christmas shows together. I now have to do it every year. It is the real beginning of the season for me each year.  Can NOT miss it. The show is different each year, depending on who happens to be on town.

Me and Mel are in our seats and ready. I got the tickets as a Christmas gift. It was for the 12 Gifts of Christmas Tour.

That tour was cancelled yesterday afternoon. Day before the show. Out of nowhere. By the promoter. Just like that.

But in a matter of a couple short hours, three of the artists, who happen to be my fave three, had been contacted by our radio station here that was hosting the event. And they were gracious and equally disappointed. The artists and JoyFM. Disappointed and stunned.

So tonight was born. Steven Curtis Chapman, his wife and author Mary Beth Chapman, and singer songwriter Laura Story are here. Just of themselves and those they could get on a plane in 24 hours.

Our tickets are being honored for entry, and thousands more hopefuls are waiting around the arena for tickets to fill this place to the rafters.

There aren't any great set lists, there is alot of improvising, the lights and sound aren't as produced as it would have been with more notice but no worry. We will have a great show and sing along like we love to do!

Let the concert begin!! No silly slacker promoter is gonna take my Christmasy evening away!!


Comments

  1. I heard about the show and what happened. I wondered if you might be there. So glad you and Melanie were able to go and have a great time:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the show and what happened. I thought you might be there. So glad you and Melanie were able to go and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...