Skip to main content

First day of same school

Pre-K4 and Kindergarten. Here they come. They were so excited this morning!

I got up and went for a very early walk/run in the dark. I prayed for them to have a great year and for protection,  as we have been doing many times a day. I got my shower and get-ready routine out of the way before trying to gently wake them with the hall light and some household noise. They were up and eating breakfast by 645, and then we dressed and primped and took pics.

We took some pics in front of the house and loaded up. Managed to get on the road by goal time of 745. First day drop off was all new since it's a new private school for us ... Some parents do the drive by drop and some park and join the classes in their areas outside. I took Kinlee to her class area,  where she saw two friends she recently met and was glad to see. She was being all girly with her friends so I took B in to do last bathroom stop before class. We are working on all that as we go.  Another post...

Then we joined B's class when they came in. She found her seat and I snapped a pic and left. They didn't get worried at all.

But after chatting with the principal in the parking lot, I got to the car and melted. Who knew I had that in me...

They are going to have a great year,  I have not one doubt. But wow,  my little girls are so big. I'm really so proud of them both.


Comments

  1. They aren't that big. Like 3 foot nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...